Samstag, 27. Dezember 2014

A very canadian christmas

Hey guys. Merry Christmas everyone and sorry that I'm 363 to early ;) On Monday we've been again to GP, to get some christmas shopping done and I bought me some really nice winterboots there.  Our big christmasday was on the 24th (usully it's on the 25th. But because my hostparents are divorced, the kids we're a part if christmas here and the other part there).  So we made a big christmas dinner with Turkey, Rotkohl (red cabbage,  I made it myself and I'm really proud about that),  Klöße (no clue for a english word but my mum send me a mix do I could make them)  potatos and gravy.  It was really delicous and nearly tasted like home.  Speaking of home.  On the 24th I also skyped with my parents, even if my parcel haven't arrived yet.   In the evening we went to a Nazarene chruch and this was the best christmas mass I've ever been to. In the beginning the christmas story was read and then peoole were talking about it from different point of views (for example Maria, Angel)  and between everyone we sang a song.  I guess Holy Night is one of my favorites together with Carol of the bells, Angels we have heard on high and God Merry Rest gentlemen.   (check out the covers by Pentatonix they are awesome) .  After that we went back home and opened presents.  I got some winterstuff like socks or gloves and the book Papertowns by John Green.   So on the 25th was a normal day.  On the 26th we went to a lake really close to us and then there was a bonfire and we played hockey on a lake.  Really Canadian :)  so my Christmas was different but still a really good one.  (and I had snow) 




 on our way to the lake.  Doesn't this just look awesome?
 Here you can see how deep the snow is
 the lake
 "oh the good old hockey game.  It's the best game you can play "
 Bonfire and lights
 My new book ^.^


 Getting a christmas tree the Canadian way. We just drove in the wood (ans we drove a little bit and this was still the land from my hostdad!) and got one

 Costco
 The refrigerator was so big, so I just got in there XD
 Can you see me behind the big cart
 my own made christmas stocking

Turkey :D

 Winter wonderland again
 Bonfire again :)
 And our christmas dinner
The beautiful sky 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen