Montag, 3. November 2014

Farewell Putlock

I guess I didn't mentioned it, but the pastor from the church we are going to move to Edmonton so we had like a Farewellputlock today.  Lots of people from the worthship team sang and a friend of the pastor had a great speach about that "Life is a journey ALWAYS... into the unknown.  " and I think he's right with this.  So after the worthship we had putlock.  You maybe ask what this is?  I tell you it's one of the best things in church!  Why?  Usully on the last Sunday of every month ( this was a exeption)  there is a food theme and then people cook food and then you can (surprise surprise)  eat it.  And everything tastes just so amazing that you feel as full as on christmas but it totally worth it!  This time the theme was Mexico so we had Chili con carne,  Taccocrisps and cake (even if this is not really mexican)  and it was just soo delicous.  After that there was a little programm where I and two friends presented three songs ( 1. A changed Version of we will rock you -we will miss you - then his favorite song Do Lord, and then a changed song from Avril Lavinge -Slipped away -. It worked pretty good but the other people were as good as well too.  Then there was a open microphone so who ever wanted to say something to the pastor could.  And well even it I didn't know him for a long time I spoke.  I spoke about how I thought chuch would be boring and has just boring people but that this church and he showed me that that's nit church.  You can learn lots from his speeches and he has also a great humor.  So I can say I will miss him as a pastor.   In the evening I went with my hostdad and my neighbor to a church thing called "the truth project" and first I was not sure if I should go but because I'm abn exchangestudent and have to say yes to everything exept for drugs I went there and it was a good decicion. In this project we watched a video and the question was "what is truth ". This video talked about how the cosmos started. Was is there forever, was there a beginning or a creator.  It was really interesting and after that video we had a discussion about that.  After this thing we ate a teenburger at A&W and I can just say that was a perfect weekend, where I learned and experienced a lot.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen