Samstag, 8. November 2014

Rememberance Day

Today we had a Rememberance Ceremony in school.  The Rememberance Day is on the 11Day of the 11th month (when Karneval seson starts in Germany)  and because we will  have no school on this day, we had the ceremony yesterday.  Rememberance Day is to remember all the people who died  in the war. ( and I really ask my self why we don't have a day like this in Germany) The ceremony started with someone who carries a flag to a flag holder (usully veterans). After that the the national hymn was played and because we have a concert band, we played Oh Canada live. After  that we watched a music video  "Terry Kelly - A pittance of time"  clikc here to listen to the song . I really like this song so maybe you are interested to listen to this too.  Then we had two minutes of silence and it was again impressive that everyone was so quiet!  Then we watched another video and then people brought flower wreathes to the front.  I guess thats it.    I think it´s good that Canada has a day to remember these. What is also important to mention I guess is, that everyone wears poppies here ( German word Mohnblume)  This are red flowers which you can pin on your shirt.  You usully donate to get one and it shows that you think about the fallen people in war
                                                                  "Lest we forget "

the flower wreath
me wearing a poppie  (and I´m sure I will wear this next year in Germany too)


my music sheet  for Oh Canada
  me with a veteran        and to all my old classmates   to which person does this guy reminds you......
His name is Marc  and I think he kind of looks like him eh?

other songs we heard: Highway of heroes


What was just my headcanon of the day: if someone should ask me what instrument I play I can say I play a metal instrument... And why is this so cool?  Because I play the Euphoneum which is made of metal.  But for people who don't know that they think I play like a e guitar (nevermind that I play it anyway but do you get my point?). Yeah so when I had this mind blow today I kind of freaked out and my teacher had to tell me to be quiet.
After school I had to stay in town for youthgroup at 7 and guess what I found:
look what I found in the library... Maybe a little bit late xD

Youthgroup was fun again and today there was the last (and for me second time) when the pastor came and after he spoke we played games, prayed (well I didn't pray but in the youthgroup we think every week about people who need help or who we should think about  so this time we prayed for example for the veterans )  and that´s how Youthgroup usully works :) (just that the pastor don´t comes every time , and instead we usully make Biblestudies)       I hope everyone's having a great weekend  and I will probably write the next time on Tuesday because we have a long weekend (my hostbrothers and sister are not home) and I won't do many things exept for reading, watching Doctor Who, Working on the model for my spraypark, enjoying the snow  and edditing videos.
  I found this standing infront of our school.  So cool and small :D

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen